Marina Rey asked me to provide alternatives for people who did not like flowers on Valentine’s Day. So instead of another date idea I will provide you will a few examples of alternatives to give instead of the traditional flowers that sell in large bulk on this holiday.
1. Origami flowers. Origami Instructions has tons of different designs. By making it yourself not only are you saving money but you are showing your valentine that you think they are worth the special effort.
2. Chocolate roses. These are available at many stores for Valentine’s Day and most people can not resist chocolate.
3. Does your valentine have a favorite romantic comedy? Surprise them by showing up at their door with something that reminds them of their favorite timeless romance. (Example: A bouquet of sharpened pencils from You’ve Got Mail.)
4. A dried flower bouquet. This may take longer to locate but it would be a special reminder of you that will never fade away.
5. Write a love poem. Not only are you being creative but you are giving the one you love something that comes directly from your heart.
6. Make a CD mix of love songs. Or an playlist for their MP3 player. A bonus if you can load it onto their player for Valentine’s Day (or put it in their car so it starts playing when they turn it on) without them knowing it. Make sure to leave a note on the player or wheel to let them know someone was thinking of them!
I hope these alternative ideas to flowers spark your creativity and desire to make something special for the special one in your life.
Do you have any great ideas for altern-flowers? Leave them in the comments! I’ll post the best ones in a blog later this week.