Hi everyone! Well it’s almost Halloween here and I’ve been busy with papers, work, and designing my Halloween Costume. I decided I wanted to be a flower fairy, but knowing me and how much I hate pre-made costumes I decided to make my own. I will post the rest of the costume a bit later in the week… but stage one has been completed and I’d like to share it with you.
When I decided I wanted to be a Rose fairy I didn’t realize how hard it would be to find red wings that would match my outfit. This became increasingly frustrating leading up to this week. Finally, I found something I could work with at Party City… however they needed a little sprucing up.
I decided these wings needed a little more.. pizzaz so I picked up a few supplies to help with the transformation.
I used three different color fabric paints, Metallic red, Ruby Glitter, and Diamond Glitter. I had paper bowls to put the paint in, as well as one for water and a paint brush to apply the paint to the wings.
First I added red glitter over the gray painted areas to make it sparkle.
Then I added the red paint and some shimmery glitter paint to make the wings look really different.
I really like them. I think I’ll add a few red roses to the center when I go home for Halloween but I think the wings are definitely a success.
Later this week I’ll post the making of the tutu for the costume as well as the final product!